B.HOM Student Living
Position: Community Manager
Type: Full Time
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Company: B.HOM Student Living
The Student Housing Community Manager, internally known as General Manager, has full responsibility for the overall operations of the assigned property, including effective execution of all phases of staffing and administration of the day-to-day business functions; accounting, marketing, leasing, maintenance, capital improvements, resident services, and other related projects as directed.
- Hire, train, supervise mentor and coach all property team members for success; training and development of all team members; manage team scheduling; ensuring all operational standards and procedures for the property are implemented, monitored and maintained
- Maintain leasing and marketing activities and programs; maintain sales and service standards; participate in sales calls, tours and presentations as needed
- Provide guidance and direction related to student behavioral issues; mediate roommate conflicts and respond to resident complaints; implement and maintain resident handbook; address lease violations through the established company processes and procedures
- Physically inspect units, common areas and related community areas to ensure property standards are met and maintained; track maintenance requests and follow up on timely completion; coordinate turn to ensure units are available for scheduled move-ins
- Maintain budgeted marketing and leasing plans and other aspects of running the property including but not limited to: managing all costs and expenses of all departments in order to maximize NOI, ensuring all financial controls are followed in accordance with company policies and procedures, monitor resident accounts to ensure accuracy and timeliness of charges and collections, and recommend and implement appropriate correct actions concerning internal controls, presentation and organization.
- Develop relationships with campus departments and organizations and corresponding key representatives to target student services and marketing opportunities; oversee and participate in outreach marketing efforts within local community; develop and oversee Resident Life program and related marketing opportunities, efforts and program budget; supervise and manage spending for Community Ambassador organized events
- Where required by law, must have state leasing license or ability to obtain the required license(s) within the timeframe mandated by state law or local law.
- Strong understanding of campus departments and on-campus housing
- Proficient in MS Office applications and strong, demonstrated computer technology skills (including social media use)
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer mindset and demonstrated leadership skills
- Knowledge of Entrata
- Previous work experience in student/on-campus housing environment, preferably in a leadership role
Work Schedule: Will generally work a Monday-Friday, with extended hours and/or weekends being required as scheduled, or as needed to meet business needs.
BH/B.HOM is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We foster the diverse voices of our community by advocating for inclusivity, celebrating our differences, and continually evolving our practice to make BH/B.HOM a better place to work and live.