Capitol City Produce
Hiring: Day Sanitation Worker
Location: Robertsdale, AL
As a member of our family owned business, the Sanitation Worker is responsible for properly cleaning all areas, interior and exterior, in the warehouse and offices. Must be a motivated person in sanitation who is willing to work in a fast-paced environment.
- High school education or GED is preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in warehouse and office facility.
- Food industry sanitation experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and write legibly.
- Must be able to follow orders.
- Must be able to work with little direct supervision.
- Must possess basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Must be safety cautious.
- Experience in operation of warehouse equipment to include: reach trucks, pallet jacks, sweeper, floor scrubber, bailer, hydraulic trash compactor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Properly clean all areas, interior and exterior, in the warehouse and office of refuse as well as damaged product.
- Operates machinery to include power pallet jacks, sweeper, and other equipment.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, kitchen lounges/break room, restrooms, corridors, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Picks up refuse from facility grounds.
- Sweeps and cleans entire warehouse to maintain required level of cleanliness.
- Empties trash bins and cleans trash area daily; operates trash compactor when applicable.
- Pulls pallets and cleans/scrubs product bays on a rotating basis.
- Cleans up any spills or breakages to inventoried product; recoups damages and determines if resalable or must be disposed of per government and food safety requirements.
- Performs light maintenance duties as assigned (i.e. replacement of light bulbs, collecting recyclable materials, paper and shrink wrap collection pickup, checking freezer and cooler for leaks or ice buildup, etc.)
- Prepares various reports and forms to document cleaning schedule, spillages, product damage, etc.
- May track and order maintenance supplies.
- Maintain facility grounds and dumpster areas.
- Safely uses a variety of cleaners, chemicals, etc. to complete tasks.
- Completes all required paperwork (for example: downtime, HACCP, etc., utilizing SAP, SOP’s, Safety operation, training, as appropriate.)
- Follow GMP’s and perform other duties as necessary and as assigned by department lead(s) and/or supervisor.