Clean Harbors Hammond, IN is looking for a Diesel Vehicle Mechanic to join their safety conscious team! This position will be responsible for the repairs and preventative maintenance of all company owned fleet.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages ($22-$26 plus shift differential!)
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K/RRSP with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Access to company paid OEM certifications and trainings!
- Generous paid time off!
- Company paid training!
- Tuition reimbursement!
- Company provided uniforms and PPE!
- State of the art facilities, technology, and tooling
Speak with a recruiter today to learn more!!
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Move company equipment safely on yard as needed;
- Assist drivers with addressing outstanding vehicle issues;
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on company vehicles and equipment;
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, vehicles, and machinery;
- Complete daily checklist as required
- Assure that Equipment is properly parked/secured in compliance with facility permit and DOT requirements.
- Maintain facility via housekeeping duties
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to work in a team environment
- 1+ years prior experience working on heavy duty-trucks and equipment.
- Must provide own basic tools
- Related mechanical certifications preferred (not required)
- Ability to pass a background, drug, and physical test upon hire
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today!
To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
“2022 Top Company For Women To Work For in Transportation”