Mid Cities Medical
Mid Cities Medical
Hiring: Driver Technician
Location: Gilbert, AZ
DME EXPERIENCE A PLUS
MEDICAL HEALTHCARE EXPERIENCE A PLUS
Mid-Cities Medical is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business specializing in servicing in-home medical needs for Veterans. Every effort is made to deliver World-Class Service in delivering government-approved lines of Durable Medical Equipment, Portable and Stationary Oxygen Concentrator and Supplies to Veteran Affairs Hospitals and Clinics throughout the continental United States and its territories.
Oxygen Technician/Delivery Driver Job Summary:
Mid-Cities is looking for a self-motivated, energetic, detail oriented and caring individual who will perform oxygen equipment deliveries, provide equipment services, and ensure patients have a solid understanding of equipment operating instructions. The successful candidate will also ensure that patients are comfortable with the safe and effective use of their medical equipment.
Patient Service Technician/Delivery Driver is a full-time position and operates under direction of the Manager/lead driver and is responsible for: delivery, setup, and maintenance of home medical equipment with some general warehouse duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technician is responsible for in home delivery, setup and maintenance of all products and equipment at the delivery address. Deliveries are to be made according to a pre-arranged appointment schedule and will be made in a timely manner, maintaining respect for the patient’s valuable time.
- Technician is responsible for assigned evening and weekend rotating on call duty according to established on call schedules.
- Technician is responsible for instructing and educating patients and/or caregiver on proper use and care of equipment and must maintain high level of product knowledge on all oxygen and Durable Medical Equipment.
- Technician is responsible for seeing that all paperwork/orders relevant to the position is thoroughly completed, and without errors daily.
- Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical and mechanical condition of his/her assigned company vehicle by scheduling maintenance and repairs with the fleet manager. Trucks/vans are to be kept clean and organized inside and out. Company vehicles are to be serviced regularly and daily logs maintained and kept in the vehicle.
- Technician is also responsible for some equipment repairs and equipment assembly.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of current products and services offered by the company in accordance with industry standards and applicable federal, state and local governmental regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Good communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record in the state in which you reside.
- Employment is contingent upon a drug screening test and background investigation.
- Ability to work with patients with various disabilities and perform equipment & safety training.
- 1 year of relevant Oxygen & DME experience
- Class C License (CDL) and Hazardous Material Endorsement (HME) is preferred.
- Familiar with Microsoft & Brightree
- Requires lifting and transporting of patient equipment
- Requires the ability to lift to 70lbs with the use of assist device such as a hand truck/dolly
- Requires ability to lift, secure and safely transport various sizes of oxygen cylinders
- Position may require use of personnel protective equipment (PPE) in the event of contact with patients and or equipment with the potential of exposure to contagious pathogens
- Hours M-F 8-5 p.m. Weekends may be needed in an emergency.
- Simple IRA Plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Discretionary Employee Bonus
*Military Retirees/Veterans and/or their Family members encouraged to apply!