Local Truck Driver/Delivery Driver
Capitol City Produce
Title: Transportation Delivery Driver
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Class A License
- $21 – no TWIC Card
- $21.50 – with a TWIC Card
Class B License
- $19 – no TWIC Card
- $19.50 with a TWIC Card
The Transportation Delivery Driver will work under the direction of the Transportation Leadership Staff and is responsible for the safe, efficient, reliable and environmentally compliant operation of a CDL refrigerated truck. Maintain professional relations with all Customers, Dispatch Day and Night Receiving Manager, Capitol City Produce Staff, subordinates, peers and vendors. Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week. Required to work a schedule determined by the Transportation Manager, but may be changed by Transportation Manager based on company needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as a Brand Ambassador providing the highest level of customer service to our retail and food service customers.
- Safely operates refrigerated trucks requiring an appropriate CDL license, performing basic functions like driving forwards, driving backwards, or maneuvering in tight spaces, etc…
- Required to daily complete a DVIR by performing a pre-trip and post-trip inspections to include checking fluid levels, belts, brakes, and documenting abnormal sounds, leaks, etc..
- Reports equipment problems to provide accurate information that will enhance the overall maintenance efforts in order to maximize the reliability and efficiency of diagnosing and repairing problems.
- Ensures on time customer deliveries by adhering to work assignment without tardiness and following routing instructions without deviation.
- Inspects customer’s order for quality and invoice accuracy to ensure the perfect order.
- Unloads and places fresh produce, frozen food and pre-packaged goods in case format according to customer’s specification, while preserving the cold chain.
- Required to push/ pull pallet jacks and hand trucks, breakdown pallets of product on truck, and hand carry cases weighing from 5-60 lbs each.
- Reports all order discrepancies to Dispatch, modifies invoices according to Dispatch guidance and collects customer’s signature on modified and non modified invoices.
- Follows the RMA process upon route return and accounts for all credits.
- Returns all company assets clean and in good working order without damage at the end of day.
- Check In all route paperwork to include signed invoices
- Communicates all customer complaints regarding quality of product.
- Minimum one (1) year delivery driving experience using a box or refrigerated truck.
- Must have valid Louisiana Class A or B Driver’s License
- Valid and up-to-date Medical Card
- Must be able to comply with Drug & Alcohol screening pre-employment and random testing
- Clear MVR – no more than 1 moving violation within a rolling calendar year
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to work closely within a team environment
- Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the organization
- Must be able to work flexible hours, multi shifts and weekends
- Must have reliable transportation
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An employee should contact his or her Supervisor or the Human Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to follow all warehouse environment physical demands. Lifting of objects up to 60 lbs. may be necessary. Pushing objects up to 500 lbs. This position requires moderate climbing, kneeling, crawling, stooping, squatting or bending. It does require working in a constant 34 degree temperatures in coolers, as well as, a below 0 degree cooler.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Work environment is usually fast paced with frequent short deadlines and regular instances of critical or unusual situations requiring a high level of adaptability and flexibility.
- Field of work includes offices, the refrigerated warehouse and surrounding grounds.
- Limited hazards due to visits to the warehouse and surrounding areas.
The employee also understands that nothing in this restricted job description is intended to nor does it change the at will employment status with Capitol City Produce. The employee will acknowledge that they have read and understand the position description, and agree to accept the responsibilities and obligations outlined above by signing and dating below.