As the Maintenance Manager, internally known as Service Manager, you will be responsible for the overall maintenance of the community, which includes oversight of schedules and work product of the property’s service team.
**$1,000 Sign On Bonus after 90 days of employment (For external candidates only)**
- Responds to resident work orders/service requests; coordinate workload with service team members and follow up to ensure all requests are completed and meeting standards.
- Proactively identify and address potential hazards by walking the property regularly and repairing or delegating where appropriate.
- Responsible for enduring the daily upkeep of the grounds and appearance of the property are meeting company standards; responsible for the upkeep and security of all property-issued tools.
- Meets with team members regularly to enforce safety measures; identifies and recommends safety and skill training for all maintenance employees; may also assist with completing property safety audits.
- Oversee and ensure that established preventative maintenance programs are implemented, documented, followed and participation in ongoing training per BH program guidelines.
- Diagnose problems and makes necessary repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry walling, interior and exterior structural, appliances, and apartment make-readies.
- 2+ years of experience with progressive maintenance, safety, and all major types of heating and air conditioning, plumbing and electrical
- 2+ years of experience and working knowledge of building maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair
- Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
- Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
- A valid driver’s license and/or reliable transportation
- HVAC certification or ability to obtain within first 6 months
- E.P.A Certification required (Type II – domestic HVAC systems)
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) or ability to obtain
Work Schedule: 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday (work schedule may vary). Some overtime may be required and ability to work extended hours including “on-call” and/or participate in a rotating “on-call” schedule as needed to meet business needs.
BH/B.HOM is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We foster the diverse voices of our community by advocating for inclusivity, celebrating our differences, and continually evolving our practice to make BH/B.HOM a better place to work and live.