Restaurant Service Manager / Kitchen Manager
Hiring: Restaurant Service Manager / Kitchen Manager
Pay: 48,000 – $70,000/yr.
Location: Montgomery and Prattville, AL
Do you want to love your job? Join the Texas Roadhouse family and take pride in your work!
Texas Roadhouse is looking for a legendary Service Manager. As a Service Manager, you would be accountable for all FOH operations, accountable for the management of all FOH employee on a day to day basis, and responsible for ensuring legendary food and legendary service is delivered daily through our legendary people.
Texas Roadhouse is looking for a legendary Kitchen Manager. As a Kitchen Manager, you would oversee all Back of House operations and be responsible for purchasing, receiving, preparing, and presenting all food products in a timely manner, according to established recipes, and procedures. If you have a passion for made-from-scratch food, apply to be a Kitchen Manager at Texas Roadhouse today!
As a Service Manager, your responsibilities would include:
- Accountable for driving sales and guest satisfaction.
- In conjunction with all management, enforces compliance with all employment policies in area of responsibility.
- Oversees/approves all FOH systems.
- Responsible for providing or directing all FOH training.
- Inspires staff to deliver service at the pace and effectiveness to meet or exceed operational standards for legendary service and to improve sales
- Ensures 100% table visitation during shifts in order to develop a deep understanding of the local customer base to develop successful sales-driving strategies and obtain real-time feedback for staff performance improvement.
- Manages liquor orders and controls liquor costs.
- Assists with the development of all (FOH and BOH) key hourly employees, assistant managers, and hourly employees.
- Reviews applications and decides which FOH applicants to be interviewed; interviews those selections and provides recommendation on hiring and/or makes hiring decisions.
- Responsible for performance management of FOH staff, in conjunction with ASM (where applicable), including performance evaluations, coaching and discipline.
- Cross-trains FOH employees and oversees their development.
- Directs work for FOH employees including setting hours and weekly schedules and assigning tasks before, during and after open hours of the restaurant
- Creates a fun, safe environment by following our core values and operational goals, and implementing contests, theme nights, and creating incentives for the staff.
- With assistance of ASM (if applicable), responsible for ensuring that cleanliness of restaurant and safety of guests are maintained at all times.
- Understands, manages, and practices safe food handling procedures.
- Manages compliance with Responsible Alcohol Service training requirements.
As a Kitchen Manager, your responsibilities would include:
- Supervising and overseeing the production and preparation of food in a manner consistent with established recipes and procedures
- In conjunction with all Management, enforcing compliance with all employment policies and overseeing cleanliness of restaurant and safety of guests at all times
- Directing productivity to monitor and maintain efficient and effective food item ticket times
- Managing performance of Back of House employees, including conducting performance evaluations, coaching, and discipline
- Assisting with the development of all Key Hourly employees, Assistant Managers, and Hourly employees by providing daily feedback on performance during one-on-ones
- Conducting formal line Taste & Temp checks as part of overall responsibility for inventory and safety in the kitchen
- Overseeing the proper handling, maintenance, and storage of all items
- Understanding, managing, and practicing safe food handling procedures
- Managing food costs, tracking waste, and controlling kitchen labor costs
- Directing work for kitchen employees, including setting hours and weekly schedules and assigning tasks before, during and after open hours of the restaurant
- Training Back of House staff on equipment maintenance and cleaning procedures
- Reviewing applications, interviewing, and hiring or making recommendation to hire Back of House employees
- Creating a safe, fun, and clean work environment for the staff in a manner consistent with our core values and operational goals
At Texas Roadhouse we have a fun culture with flexible work schedules, discounts in our restaurants, friendly competitions, recognition, formal training, and career growth opportunities.
We offer a comprehensive total rewards package after 30 days of employment to Restaurant Managers that meet our benefit eligibility requirements. The total rewards package includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- A choice of medical plans that are best in class
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Parental, Donor, Bereavement and 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Life, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- Business Travel Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursements up to $5,250 per year
- Monthly Profit Sharing Program
- Quarterly Restricted Stock Units Program
- Many opportunities to support your community
- Annual holiday bonus
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship, national origin, or any other legally-protected status. We encourage and welcome all applicants to apply.