Clean Harbors, located in Norwell MA, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their Corporate Accounting team. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental and industrial services throughout North America with annual sales exceeding $4 billion. A growing company, we are also the largest re-refiner and recycler of used oil in North America. Everywhere industry meets the environment, we strive to provide eco-friendly products and services that protect and restore North America’s natural environment. One of our primary goals as a company is supporting our customers in providing environmentally responsible solutions to further their sustainability goals in today’s world.
The Company’s accounting and finance team is a group of energetic and hard-working individuals devoted to providing high quality services to internal and external stakeholders. In recent years the team has adopted new technologies in this effort and team members have been provided opportunities to grow their career. We are now looking for talented new members to join our team.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Fast growing company focused on people and technology creating a cleaner safer environment
- Dynamic team-oriented colleagues
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health and other benefits coverage
- Group 401(k) with company matching component
- Positive and safe work environment with Hybrid work opportunities
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries.
- Prepare reconciliations of balance sheet accounts that are more complex in nature and/or require use of judgment; summarize and explain month-to-month, year-to-year and budget to actual changes.
- Support the business regarding prepaids, accruals, revenues, expenses, etc. and other journal entry or monthly questions that arise.
- Prepare financial information included in footnotes and management’s discussion and analysis of 10Qs and 10Ks
- Act as liaison to external auditors for quarterly and annual filings.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Manager, other internal departments, and third-party vendors to develop budgets and forecasts.
- Assist management with Ad Hoc projects.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Driven self-starter possessing critical thinking, problem-solving skills along with an appreciation for detail
- Hard working, forward-thinking individual looking to further their career at a company with multiple growth opportunities
- Effective communication and teambuilding skills combined with an ability to manage multiple on-going tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA in process preferred
- 3+ years in public accounting or public/private mix
- Experience in Oracle ERP a plus
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.