Location: Indianapolis, IN
Available Shifts at Ecobat:
- 1st: 11:30pm – 7:40am
- 2nd: 7:30am – 3:40pm
- 3rd: 3:30pm – 11:40am
Openings per shift:
- 3 welders for 1st shift
- 6 welders for 2nd shift
- 2 welders for 3rd shift
Must be able to wear PPE and be clean shaven
Provides operations and production support by performing general equipment repair.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fabricates special items, as required.
- Repairs processing equipment such as pumps, pipe, moving machinery and repairs steel.
- Performs simple to intermediate equipment and pipe installations.
- Keeps work area neat, clean, and free of debris.
- Complies with all environmental, health, safety and housekeeping programs.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- 3 years recent industrial or related experience in millwright or machine repair work
- Pass skills test; i.e., welding, mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of various metal properties
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints.
- Good interpersonal communications skills; written and verbal
- Pass Workplace Reading Appraisal
- Able to work any needed overtime
- Able to work rotating weekends
- Willing to be clean-shaven at all times
POST-HIRE TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Environmental training applicable to the job
- Safety training for applicable equipment
- Job instructional training
- Quality system familiarization
- ISO 14001 awareness, objectives and targets, department significant environmental impacts
- OHSAS 18001 Awareness, OH&S-MS Objectives and Goals, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Risk Control
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment.
Ecobat is a world leader in the production of lead, lead alloys, and the recycling of lead batteries. Our vast global network features 14 smelters across three continents with an average annual output of 840,000 tons of lead. Our plant in Indianapolis is known for its family-like culture and its great record of safety.